Sunday 24 June 2012

Seven Years

One of my sec school classmates initiated a meet up in Facebook. The last time we met up was 7 years ago. The previous meet up was for Esther's farewell. Esther had went to US for further studies. The group of girls were mainly those which I get along well during my upper secondary days.

I was late for 2 hours due to last minute work. I was still contemplating if I should go since I was so late! I asked them to wait for me. Could not miss the chance to see them. I was glad I went. Great to see them after 7 years! One of the girls, Junwei is getting married! Friends of the same age group inviting you to their weddings is a sign of aging. I wonder if I can ever get the chance to hand up invitation. 

A photo collage of us, 7 years ago and later. 


The 2005 photo, from left: Irene, Junwei, Esther, Baoyun, Serena and me. We still look pretty much the same. The 2012 photo would have been picture. Serena was feeling tired that day and did not want to have her picture taken.

It's not easy to reconnect with old friends. The feeling is familiar with a bit awkwardness. This can be understood because seven years is not short time. We have already lead different lives and only reconnected now. We may not be a closed knit group. I still hope to be able to meet up with them at least once or twice a year to get updated on each other's lives.

This is a beginning of a new friendship. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment